Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

You know it when you have been born again


Being born again is not merly a claim or a proclamation of belief or faith, rather it is the experience of your life being permeated by the presence of the Holy Spirit.

(Permeate: definition 1, to pass into or through every part of)

Two things are absolute characteristics of every born again believer.

1. They have a sincere desire to do away sin in their lives in order to please God.


2. They have a craving for the word of God. Just as you would think it strange for a new born baby to have no desire for it's mothers' milk; it would be equally strange for a person newly born in to the family of God spiritually to have no interest in the Bible which is the word of life.

I want to speak directly. I don't think that I am special, but I know that I have eternal life within me. I want to influence as many people as possible to take careful inventory of their lives and to be certain that they have truly established an eternal relationship with Jesus Christ. I heard a sermon recently that provoked me to thinking. The title was "Almost Christians" . Judas Iscariot was used as a chilling example of just how close a person can be to Jesus and yet remain unconverted, unchanged, and yet not be born again. Jesus said that "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." This mysterious transaction is a necessity and mere church membership and familiarity with Jesus is not enough. You must be born again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment