Followers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Serving the Lord Monday through Saturday

Have you ever felt like you were not doing enough for the Lord? I know that I have. I do not sing in the choir, I am not a Minister, and neither am I on the deacon board. Although recently I have begun working with the music department as a sound engineer in training. Nonetheless, it doesn't seem like much. When I watch a film like the passion of the Christ it is almost impossible to feel anything but guilt and shame for my performance as a christian. That is until I came to realize that the real bulk of christian service happens outside of the church. I now realize that I serve the Lord everyday that I show up for work on time, and perform my duties to the best of my ability without mumuring or complaining. I serve the Lord, when I dedicate myself to prayer for my friends and neighbors who need to know the transforming power of the Holy Spirit in their lives. I serve the Lord when I trust in him completely, because this changes everything about my demeanor and attitude in Life. I am an effective witness for Christ; not when everything goes my way, but when I demonstrate an ability to cope with the situations in my life. I have been told on several occasions that I have a sunny dispostition about myself. Always polite,kind,honest, and caring. I am not trying to shine my halo, but I want to share the fact that by just living my life according to the commandments of Jesus; that I am serving him in the most effective way possible. I am serving him 24 hours a day 7 days a week. This is not easy; it requires that I love my enemies, refuse to promote myself, and to trust in the Lord no matter what the external situations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment